Not all microwave popcorn is good for you. This article lists the 11 healthiest brands and 7 you must politely decline.
11 Healthy Microwave Popcorn Brands
- Quinn White Cheddar and Sea Salt: Palm oil-free, low-sodium content, with tasty, healthy ingredients like coconut oil and non-GMO corn.
- Angie’s BoomChickaPop Sea Salt Microwave Popcorn: Free from artificial flavors, preservatives, or colors, with low saturated fat and sodium content.
- 365 Everyday Value Organic Popcorn, Light Butter: Buttery popcorn without high saturated fat or sodium content.
- Connect Snacks Microwaveable Popcorn: PFAS-free; this great-tasting popcorn comes from a family-run farm.
- Newman’s Own Touch of Butter: No artificial flavors and only half the average fat content.
- Angie’s BoomChickaPop Lightly Sweet Kettle Corn: With minimal sugar rather than artificial sweeteners and the standard amount of saturated fat.
- Whole Foods 365, Organic Microwave Popcorn: The best option – it contains nothing but popcorn and sea salt while still tasting delicious.
- Orville Redenbacher’s Skinnygirl Butter & Sea Salt Microwave Popcorn: With only 160 calories, this is the ultimate guilt-free popcorn.
- Black Jewell No Salt No Oil Microwave Hulless Popcorn: The top choice for anyone on a low-sodium diet.
- Healthy Heart Market Popcorn No Salt: No salt and zero saturated fats.
- Angie’s BoomChickaPop Real Butter Microwave Popcorn: With real butter amongst its four ingredients, this popcorn is incredible.
7 Microwave Popcorn Brands You Must Avoid
- Act II 94% Fat-Free Butter: Avoid this brand because of its misleading branding.
- Pop Secret Kettle Corn: This brand contains sugar, processed oil, and unhealthy ingredients.
- Jolly Time KettleMania: This popcorn contains artificial sweeteners, modified food starch, dextrin, and preservatives.
- Jolly Time, Blast O Butter Ultimate Theatre Style Butter: With artificial flavors, processed oils, and preservatives, this brand has a whopping 5g saturated fat content per serving.
- Pop Secret Double Butter Popcorn: You get zero protein and fiber from this brand.
- Jolly Time The Big Cheese: This brand delivers too many ingredients that shouldn’t be there.
- Pop-Secret Sweet ‘N Crunchy Caramel Popcorn: With far too much saturated fat, this popcorn ranks top on the list of must-avoid brands.