Cancer is the second leading cause of death, but the good news is that many cases can be prevented. Also, doctors are getting better at diagnosing and treating the disease; as such, it is no longer a death sentence as it used to be in past years. But as they say, prevention is better than a cure. So, keep reading to discover some lifestyle habits that can help you lower the risk of developing multiple types of cancer.
How to Prevent Liver Cancer
Every year there are 36,000 new liver cancer cases and more than 80 percent of the diagnosed patients die from the disease. Ways to prevent liver cancer include:
- Avoiding alcohol and illegal substances
- Practicing safe sex to avoid hepatitis
- Handling blood with protective attire
Also, be careful over-the-counter supplements because some contain toxins harmful to the liver.
How to Prevent HPV-Related Cancers
You can prevent HPV-related cancers by taking a nutritional supplement called AHCC®. The supplement helps improve the immune system. Other ways to fight HPV-related cancers include getting enough sleep, exercising regularly, and eating a balanced diet.
How to Prevent Skin Cancer
Skin cancer is one of the most common cancers, but fortunately, you can easily prevent it. Prevention measures for skin cancer include:
- Wearing hats and sun-protective clothing when going outside
- Avoiding the sun during peak hours, i.e., from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Using sunscreen
- Using body lotions that provide SPF protection
- Visiting a dermatologist every year for screening to enable prevention and even early detection of the disease
Maintain a Healthy BMI
Being overweight is known to cause various diseases, including cancer. Ensure you maintain a healthy weight by eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly.